Steve GoodingDirector, RAC Foundation
Steve became Director of the RAC Foundation in 2015, commissioning research into areas such as road safety, road condition, and the development and take-up of technology including automation with a particular focus on the human-machine interface. Previously Steve worked at the Department for Transport for many years, and as Director General from 2009, where he led many projects and policy initiatives including the creation of the Road Investment Strategy and establishment of Highways England.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 06 June 2023
Seven key questions about road spending – the Road Investment Scrutiny Panel report
11:05 - 11:30 Spending Plans
- These are ‘interesting times’ for those charged with deciding how much money our roads need and what, exactly, that money should be spent on
- Late last year Professor Glenn Lyons gathered a group of knowledgeable people to review the many and various issues in play and bring them together in the form of a set of key questions
- Steve Gooding, co-convenor of the group, will present resulting findings
The Transport Technology Forum – promoting real-world traffic technology solutions
14:25 - 14:50 Technology and Data
- The Transport Technology Forum has been running for several years, bringing technology developers and suppliers together with their prospective highway authority customers
- In this session TTF chair Steve Gooding will explain what the TTF is about – who is it aimed at and what is it for?