Shamala Evans-GadgilTransportation and Innovation: Senior Programme/Project Manager , Coventry City Council
Shamala is a 3rd year part-time PGR within the Research Institute for Clean Growth and Future Mobility at Coventry University and is also an experienced Senior Civil Engineer and Programme/Project Manager, in the design and implementation of challenging, complex and wide-ranging infrastructure projects.
Her experience includes (1) Innovation projects within the decarbonising transport platform, renewables, battery storage and management; (2) Local Transport Plans, including Network Efficiency projects and Waste Management projects; (3) Traffic Management, including traffic calming measures; (4) General roadworks, including road geometry; and (5) Regeneration, public realm, and urban environment projects.
My Speaker Sessions
Thursday 08 June 2023
Charging Towards a Greener Future: Coventry's Charging Infrastructure Programme
10:25 - 10:55
- How has Coventry City developed the largest charging network in the UK
- What have been the approaches taken to procurement and funding to get it there
- What have been the challenges, and how have they been overcome?
Panel: What can be done to make charge points ready for all?
12:00 - 13:00
- What steps need to be taken to expand the charge point network?
- What of the relevant legislation around charge points?
- How can expansion be undertaken in a socially equitable manner, taking into account socio-economic disparities across the country as well as disabled road users?
Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Working Group Update, 2023 Road Map
14:00 - 14:25
- The Transport Technology Forum’s Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Working Group is committing to producing further guidance designed to help council officers’ rollout the required infrastructure to keep pace with the adoption of Electric Vehicles.