Nick HarrisChief Executive, National Highways
- Appointed February 2021, previously Executive Director, Operations from September 2016
- Career includes senior operational roles in water utilities across the UK and overseas.
- Qualifications include CEng (Chartered Engineer) MICE (Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers)
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Highways England Board, leading an executive team that operates, maintains and improves the strategic road network in England. The Chief Executive is the Accounting Officer for Highways England, responsible to the Permanent Secretary at the Department for Transport for the stewardship of public money.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 06 June 2023
Keynote: The roads sector delivering RIS2, and looking ahead to RIS3
09:50 - 10:35 Spending Plans
- When announced, Road Investment Strategy 2 committed the Government to spend up to £27.4 billion in 2020-25, increasing road capacity and improving quality, and reducing the impacts of the existing strategic road network (SRN). How has National Highways dealt with the challenges of delivering RIS2?
- The third Road Investment Strategy (RIS3) will cover the period from 1 April 2025 to 31 March 2030. What are the priorities for the SRN over this period and beyond?