Matthew TompsettHead of Environment & Sustainability, Kier Highways
Matt is responsible for setting the companywide steer for environment and sustainability issues. Matt started his career working for a habitat conservation charity before moving into the highways sector about 15 years ago. He is a Chartered Environmentalist and an active member of several steering groups Inc. the CIHT Carbon Group, IEMA Climate Change Group and he Chairs the Transport for London Environmental Working Group. Matt has been a regular judge on the CIRIA Biodiversity Challenge Awards and has worked with CIRIA on developing guidance on managing Green Infrastructure on linear Assets.
My Speaker Sessions
Wednesday 07 June 2023
Panel: The road to decarbonisation – the perspective of contractors & consultants
- Discussing government targets and how these can be met
- How is decarbonisation influencing the decision-making process in projects?
- What are the barriers to change?
- How can different procurement models enhance decarbonisation?
- Are next-gen materials and practices being used to their fullest potential?