Lynsey McGarveyPrincipal Inspector, Active Travel England
Lynsey joined Active Travel England in March 2023, becoming the agency’s first Principal Inspector. Passionate about delivering high quality active travel, she brings 25 years’ experience of government and consulting in the UK, Ireland and Australia.
Prior to joining ATE, Lynsey led on preparing the Leeds Vision Zero strategy, aiming to bring ‘seismic change’ to road safety in West Yorkshire. She also set up a public bike hire scheme (Leeds City Bike) and oversaw the delivery of active travel funded programmes. She is committed to reducing road danger and enabling access to active travel for all.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 06 June 2023
Delivering quality active travel infrastructure
- Outline of Active travel England vision and functions
- How ATE will raise standards and deliver quality infrastructure
- Working together to transform walking, wheeling and cycling
Panel: How can we make A Roads safer?
- What solutions can be employed to address the high concentration of death and serious injury on A Roads
- How can technology play a part?
- Cyclists and pedestrians are among the most vulnerable of all road-users and are involved in as many as 50% of collisions on some of Britain’s most dangerous roads. What can be done to boost safety and in turn, active travel uptake on these roads?