Kim YatesUK and Europe Climate Change Operational Lead, Mott MacDonald
Kim is a director-level sustainability and carbon professional with over 25 years’ experience gathered both in the UK and internationally. She has an excellent understanding of sustainability best practice, climate change and carbon issues and actively she works with clients to help deliver their Net Zero ambitions, particularly in the transportation sector. Kim has a proven track-record in developing and implementing international best practice and is an experienced team leader and project director for complex projects. She researched and developed Mott MacDonald's innovative Moata Carbon Portal, a web-based BIM enabled carbon calculation tool for infrastructure, which is compliant with PAS 2080.
My Speaker Sessions
Wednesday 07 June 2023
Panel: The road to decarbonisation – the perspective of contractors & consultants
- Discussing government targets and how these can be met
- How is decarbonisation influencing the decision-making process in projects?
- What are the barriers to change?
- How can different procurement models enhance decarbonisation?
- Are next-gen materials and practices being used to their fullest potential?
Panel: Serving the needs of road users and the environment
- What we be done to enhance the environment for people living and working close to the road network?
- How can environmental improvement make a difference in areas such as noise reduction, flood resilience, and better air quality?
- What environmental considerations need to be central during the design phase of projects?
- How does asset knowledge play a role in the decision-making process?
- What measures are needed to track and monitor the impact of construction and maintenance activities?