Geoff CollinsGeneral Manager UK, Acusensus UK
Geoff is the General Manager for Acusensus UK, responsible for bringing the award winning ‘Heads-Up’ distracted driving solution to the UK.
With nearly two decades of enforcement system experience, he has been involved in the design, implementation and monitoring of over 500 such projects, giving an unrivalled understanding of the factors behind the successful operation of a large scale enforcement project.
Geoff is a Chartered Engineer, a member of IET, a fellow of CIHT and Chair of ITS UK’s Enforcement Forum.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 06 June 2023
Panel: What's next for smart motorways?
- What can we learn from the smart motorway journey to date, and how can we apply these learnings to make improvements or changes?
- Why did drivers lack confidence in the concept, and can this ever be fully addressed?
- What are the other alternatives to adding capacity and reducing congestion on the motorways, and how can technology play its part?
- What safety improvements could be made to existing smart motorways?
Wednesday 07 June 2023
Distracted Driving - addressing the growing problem of mobile phone use by drivers
- The world's first distracted driving programs have now been operational in Australia for a number of years, using the ‘Heads-Up’ system from Acusensus, based on AI driven camera technology.
- The learning from these pioneering schemes has now been evaluated in the UK, with more than 70 trial schemes run to date across England.
- The technology has already won the ‘Intertraffic Inspiration Award’ 2022' and ‘ITS UK Enforcement Scheme of the Year Award 2022'.